Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Breakfast!

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day! 

Sadly, this year, my husband Matt has a HUGE exam at school today. What were they thinking!?! Just because it's a medical school and you're dealing with a bunch of adults does not mean it's nice to have an exam on the day of love! And on top of everything he found out he his first to take the exam, too! It's verbal and timed, so everyone is given a window to be ready in. Alarms starting going off at our place at 5:45! It was sad. I had already planned to make Matt a lovey-dovey breakfast and I couldn't turn back just because the sun wasn't up yet. As much as I wanted to. The menu for Valentine's breakfast is funfetti pancakes/waffles, strawberries, and strawberry syrup. I also made strawberry milk. Word of advice: this would be great for kids but if you're a grown up this is WAY too much sugar to have at 6:30 in the morning! 
If you don't want to spend the money on the holiday mix, can't find it, or you're just in love with your own brand, this was basically pancake mix with sprinkles in it. I could have mixed up some Bisquick and done that myself, but what's the fun in that? I have a weakness for holiday themed products at the store. It's a danger to me, Matt, and our checkbook! But in my opinion it makes the holiday's awesome! 

I just followed the directions on the package, I found one that was just add water so it was a very simple morning for me. I love pancakes and Matt loves waffles. I know, right? How do we even make this marriage work!? We find a way. For instance, I do this:

Waffles for Matt and pancakes for me! The cute chips showed up way better in the waffles, but the pancakes are hearts, so I think it evens out. 



We had a fun mini breakfast date together! It was fun and tasty, if not super sweet, and will be the only time I see my valentine this Valentine's Day. 

Thank you for reading my blog!
I LOVE that you're here! 
Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers!


No comments:

Post a Comment