Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mug Meatloaf

I have completely jumped on board the recipes in a mug that you cook in your microwave. I'm sure you've noticed how much I love them! I even bought extra measuring spoons because I keep dirtying mine up so often! So when I came across a list of 18 different recipes in a mug I was very happy to see one for meatloaf! I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, but I was intrigued about making a main dish so fast for just one. It took about the same amount of time as a microwave dinner would have taken but I know everything that I put in it. The only downside is how often do you really have 1/4 a pound of ground beef on hand? I bought a pound and made 2 servings, but then had to figure out what to do with the other half a pound. I guess if you go to the meat counter at your grocery store and only buy a little at a time it would be better. Or separate and freeze a little at a time. Whatever you feel like doing, I just know that the ground beef was the least convenient part.

You will need:

2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon onion soup mix
1/4 pound lean ground beef
optional additional ketchup

Very simple instructions: mix everything together. :) 

Nothing too hard or too fancy. After mixing all the ingredients, spray the inside of your mug with cooking spray, and then pat the mixture into the mug. 

Cook for about 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. If there is grease, drain it out. I used Lean beef and there was no excess fluid when it was done cooking. 

Let it stand about 3 minutes before eating. Add the extra ketchup on top for extra flavor. 

This was super good meatloaf, not just good-for-being-cooked-in-a-microwave meatloaf. If I can find a simpler way past the only using 1/4 a pound of ground beef at a time I would totally make it more often. I found the original recipe here. Enjoy your 3 minute dinner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment