Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review: The Tick


In the past 24 hours I have watched the ENTIRE SERIES of The Tick! Sadly, that really only means 2 discs. I wish it lasted longer because this show it super funny!

The Tick is about an alien (?) superhero who is on Earth and cannot be distracted from his mission of fighting evil, in whatever form he finds it! Including the coffee machine at a rest stop gas station.



It's based on a comic book written in 1988. There's also a TV series that aired in 1994-1997. This is the TV show that I have and watched.

There's The Tick, the big blue bug of justice! There's his sidekick buddy Arthur who is a moth man. They are a dynamic duo who do everything together, whether or not Arthur wants to! They become friends with Batmanuel, a self-obsessed women loving hero, and Captain Liberty, who is actually an employee of the United States Government for her awesome heroness.

For a superhero show you don't see very many villains being fought. It's more of a sitcom with superheros in it, but really funny. Also, there are tons of superheros in this show. Being a superhero is something that you can choose to do, like a job, and a lot of people don't make it, or need a machine to poop! It's something of a lifestyle choice and there's an entire episode of Arthur "coming out" to his family.

No one really knows who The Tick is or where he came from, including him, but he gets to say some of the funniest things! Almost every line of his is repeatable! I'll put a few on here, and if you think they're funny you should check out the quotes page on IMDB.

 I am the wild blue yonder. The front line in a never-ending battle between good and not-so-good. Together with my stalwart sidekick, Arthur, and the magnanimous help of some other folks I know, we form the yin to villainy's malevolent yang. Destiny has chosen us. Wicked men, you face The Tick. 

Lordy, gents! Your banter is immaculate and a pleasure to witness! 

Who puts gum on a roof!?! 

You're on a first name basis with lucidity, little friend. I have to call it "mister" lucidity... and that's no good in a pinch.

The Tick: Owwwww! My head feels like it's... like it's gunna have a baby. 
Arthur: It's called a headache. 
The Tick: It has a name? 

It was 10:04. Remember? I was playing "Shout the Time".

When society says jump, we say pass the salt. 


Other fun banter is when he argues with the toilet, whom he also thinks is evil. One of my favorite characters is Batmanuel, but mostly because every time I see him I hear his ring tone in my head and how he answers his phone! Sadly, this has also ruined many scenes of LOST for me!


I think this show is great! I've never really looked into the comic book, but I might have to now. You should really look into watching it. If for no other reason, look how funny and awkward Patrick Warburton is:

He's a little skanky! Haha! I'm sad it was a short series, but I'm happy that there's not an episode that I don't like. You should really look it up and watch it! Here it is on Netflix!


No comments:

Post a Comment