Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Decorations

I was excited this year to pull out my box of Easter decorations! There are no how-to's or instructions in this blog. Just me showing off what I have.

I really enjoy Easter for a couple of reasons. The first is the obvious religious side of Easter. It's nice to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior in a holiday that everyone can enjoy and be a part of no matter what your religion. Ham is really yummy and I enjoy eating and making it. Anything being turned into an egg shape is cute and bunnies are freaking adorable! And also, after Christmas and Valentine's Day I am over the color red and the cold darkness of winter. Spring and Easter bring so much color and warmth, I really like it.

When I was a child I had a tea set collection. A lot of people added to it as gifts. I have very few of them left, but obviously this one was a keeper! I added it to my Easter decorations last year instead of keeping it in storage. I think it's super cute and a nice addition. 

This cute carrot dish says "Bunny Treats" at the top. I got it on sale at Hallmark last year when the season was over. And of course I added little egg shaped candies to it! 

Here's the centerpiece on my table: My trifle bowl from The Pampered Chef filled with Easter eggs left over from last year. 
One of the first wreaths I ever made! I got the idea here and then played with it a bit because it needed to have bunnies on it! 

Close up of a bunny and carrot. 
I'm excited to add more decorations to my collection this year! I already have a few crafts picked out to do!

What's your favorite part of Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment