Monday, August 5, 2013

Egg Noodle Chicken Pasta

Tonight started with me wondering what on earth to make for dinner. I had chicken thawed out that I needed to cook, and I was kind of in the mood for pasta. I had egg noodles on hand, but have never really cooked with them. I started googling and looking up different recipes for chicken pastas. I looked at a lot of different recipes but I was always missing at least 1 ingredient or it didn't sound good. So I hit the kitchen and did whatever I wanted! Guess what? It was pretty easy, pretty fast, and pretty good.


2 chicken breasts
1 bag egg noodles
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can full of milk
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 small onion
garlic
black pepper
8 butter crackers

While the noodles were boiling I cut up the chicken and started to cook it in a pan. I diced up the onion really small and cooked it with the chicken so it wouldn't be so strong a flavor. After you drain the noodles put it back on the hot eye and add cream of chicken, milk, and sour cream. It will be runny but just keep simmering as you add things, it will thicken up. Dump in the chicken and onions. I used minced garlic season and black pepper and just sprinkled a little on top. Then I crushed the crackers and mixed them in for texture and flavor. There you go! From start to finish about 20 minutes and not too many dirty dishes. It may look bland but it doesn't taste it. Great for a last minute dinner and I'm pretty sure no kid would hate it cause there's no crazy flavors! Enjoy and let me know how it turns out! 

Disclaimer: this does not make the best leftovers. So I'm going to say it's a great thing to make for a family or crowd when you know you'll eat a pan full of pasta! 

No comments:

Post a Comment